Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Enter Cthulhu!


H. P. Lovecraft was the man. I mean, he was kind of a hermit, and he wasn’t the best husband, and he was ridiculously racist… but his stories were creepy as hell. I’ve been a part of a couple Lovecraftian anthologies, mostly because I love writing about people who are caught up in circumstances they can’t quite understand, let alone control. The Cthulhu Mythos is a nasty, nasty world, and it’s so much fun to write for it.

One of my stories is in the brand new Stygian Abyss anthology through Miskatonic Press. My story is called “Letters from Camp.” I grew up on Goosebumps books, (bloggerbeware.com) and R. L. Stine had a knack for churning out creepy little stories about summer camps gone wrong.

Camp Nightmare (the one with the aliens training for an invasion of Earth).
Curse of Camp Cold Lake (the one with the kick-ass cover).
Horror at Camp Jellyjam (the one with the giant jam creature controlling everyone).
And a few more (mostly ghost related)

Anyway, I think I channeled a little R.L. when I wrote this story. I hope you like it.

And if you wanna check out the Facebook page for MiskatonicPress, please do so. They’re a brand new publisher, and they have big plans ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment