Thursday, September 9, 2021

Banshee Girl at the Austin Film Festival!


Big news! I just found out my animated musical pilot script "Banshee Girl" made it to the second round of the Austin Film Festival! I am so excited, 1) because AFF is the coolest film festival in America, and 2) because I am so, so proud of this project.

Here's the premise if you're interested: After saving a human marked for death, a banshee girl is stripped of her powers and forced to team up with this (monster-hating) boy to find her way back to the magical world.

It's funny and weird, with wacky monsters and morbid musical numbers packed into its 30-minute runtime. One day, I'm going to make this! Mark my words. And in the meantime, if you're interested, PM me and I'll send you a copy of the script. I love getting feedback.

And this AFF news comes on the heels of a couple other film festival placements for my li'l banshee. It was a quarterfinalist for the Inroads Fellowship, Shore Scripts, and Fresh Voices contests.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment