Friday, June 20, 2014

Island on Fire


Last year, I wrote a romantic fantasy called Island on Fire. I was sick of reading about vampires and other pale guys who morph into wolves and stuff, so I decided to use a completely different fantasy world: Hawaiian mythology. Of course, a bunch of books have used Hawaiian creatures before, and tropical volcanoes will always be great settings for fiction, but I felt that Hawaiian mythology wasn’t nearly as overused as other legends.

My plan is to get this story released sometime next year. Nothing’s in place yet, but I really have high hopes for this one. It has an interesting conflict, and a really vivid setting.

But you can see for yourself. The first chapter is available on Harlequin’s website. Tell me what you think. Are you enjoying the characters as much as I enjoyed writing about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment