Saturday, September 30, 2017

Silver Screen Flirtation

I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be a regular contributor to Silent Film Archives, which is an awesome database for silent films from all over the world. From German expressionist horror to British melodramas to good ol’ American Westerns, the website is a treasure trove. It’s full of information, links, advice, and all sorts of good stuff from classic Hollywood and beyond.
  
As a member of a generation that, for the most part, refuses to watch older movies, I really hope my work with SFA will help expose a younger crowd to silent films. Honestly, there are plenty of barriers to entry for a lot of millennials, so I really hope I can make things as easy as possible. As often as I can, I’ll be posting recommendations and advice for newbies, people who might want to check out older films but don’t know where to start.

So check out what we've got so far. This'll only expand and become more exciting in the next few months.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy, Evan.

    My name is Damascus Mincemeyer, and I am an aspiring writer and comic book creator (I've had stuff published in Heavy Metal Magazine, BTW). Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I recently read your short story, 'Accidental Slayage' in Siren's Call Publication, and hot damn, it was the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. Loved it. Bravo, sir. You made my week, seriously.

    Thank you,
    Damascus Mincemeyer


    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Evan.

    My name is Damascus Mincemeyer, and I am an aspiring writer and comic book creator (I've had stuff published in Heavy Metal Magazine, BTW). Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I recently read your short story, 'Accidental Slayage' in Siren's Call Publication, and hot damn, it was the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. Loved it. Bravo, sir. You made my week, seriously.

    Thank you,
    Damascus Mincemeyer


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. That is great to hear. I had a lot of fun writing that one. It started as a straight-up horror story, but the tone completely changed as I was writing it.

      Good luck on your comics work!

      Delete