Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Haunted Zoo!

  

If you’re ever in LA and you have a free afternoon, go to the LA Zoo. And no, I’m not talking about the current zoo. I’m talking about the creepy, abandoned zoo that’s just a few minutes away from the current one. All the cages and enclosures are still standing, but everything is slightly overgrown, glass-strewn, and graffiti-covered.

  
Holy crap, this place was moody. I felt like I just walked into an episode of Scooby Doo. I went with some local friends (not imaginary), and we walked through the cages for a good couple hours. Unfortunately, you couldn’t hear the lonely screams of ghost bears, because there were tons of tourists wandering around. I think we saw three separate movie crews (UCLA students, probably) filming stuff in some of the more cinematic areas. Still, it was an awesome day. And I finally met my spirit animal.
  
She was a tortoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment